In ‘Meet the Meeples’, the first ever podcast episode of Competitive CoupleCast, Charlotte and Jamie look back over the games of Christmas past, spiral into the depths of despair with highlights from their game of Eldritch Horror and have a hearty discussion about how affordable board gaming is as a hobby.
2:10 – Meet the meeples! We talk about how we got into board games
8:30 – What are our favourite games?
9:20 – Who out of the two of us is the most competitive?
10:28 – Introducing a segment on what we played over Christmas 2017
11:23 – Obama Llama
14:35 – Banana Drama
16:00 – The Resistance
20:56 – Get Bit
22:33 – Mysterium
25:40 – Great Western Trail
28:35 – Statecraft
32:21 – Eldritch Horror playthrough
48:00 – A discussion about whether board gaming is an expensive or affordable hobby
54:11 – Wrapping up the podcast!
- Obama Llama: Entry on Board Game Geek
- Banana Drama: Entry on Board Game Geek
- The Resistance: Entry on Board Game Geek
- Get Bit: Entry on Board Game Geek
- Mysterium: Entry on Board Game Geek
- Great Western Trail: Great Western Trail Review and entry on Board Game Geek
- Statecraft: Entry on Board Game Geek
- Eldritch Horror: Entry on Board Game Geek
Where to find Episode 1: Meet the Meeples
Music: “Day of Chaos”, “Evening of Chaos”, “Night of Chaos”, “Obliteration” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0